On Christmas Day in London, the town can appear eerily quiet as many companies, eating places and transport stop operations. As a result of so many things are closed, planning is essential! Learn our fast information to every part that’s open on Christmas Day.
Table of Contents
Christmas Day in London 2019
London public transport shuts down on Christmas Day in London, so the one method to journey by London on Christmas day is the Golden Excursions hop-on-hop-off bus, taxi, automotive, cycle rent or your personal two toes!
Although a lot of London takes a well-deserved break on Christmas Day, there are nonetheless choices for individuals desirous to get out and about. You may take one in every of our sightseeing excursions from London or in London with a scrumptious three course Christmas lunch included.
I know you might be wondering the places that are open on Christmas Day in London, below are the places that are always open on Christmas day 2019.
Places to Eat and Drink on Christmas Day
If you’re searching for someplace to eat or have a drink on Christmas Day in London, there’s a wide selection of eating places and pubs open in London that can assist you to refill on this festive energy.
Pubs and eating places which can be open will doubtless have restricted opening hours, so it’s value checking and if you wish to eat you need to positively e-book nicely prematurely.
Here’s a listing of eating places which can be open for Christmas 2019. Christmas lunch in London needn’t be conventional!
Pubs Open Christmas Day London
- The Canonbury Tavern, Islington
- The Roebuck, Richmond
- Spaniard’s Inn, Hampstead Heath
- Spread Eagle, Camden Town (until 4 pm)
- The Swan, Hammersmith
- Wetherspoon pubs, Various Locations
- The Flask, Hampstead (12-4pm)
- Founders Arms, Southwark (12-5pm)
- The Hope Pub, Wandsworth
- The Abbeville, Clapham
- The Anchor Bankside, Southwark
- Audley, Mayfair
- The Bull’s Head, Barnes
- Horniman at Hays, London Bridge
- The Owl and Pussycat, Shoreditch
- The Pilot, North Greenwich
- The Queens Pub and Dining Room, Crouch End
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day London
- Gaby’s Deli on Charing Cross Road, Middle Eastern, open from 12 for lunch
- Orrery, French, Marylebone
- Sofra, Turkish, Various Locations
- Bella Italia, Italian, Various Locations
- Cinnamon Club, Indian, Westminster
- Strada, Italian, Various Locations
- Tayyabs, Indian, Whitechapel
- Le Vacherin, French, Chiswick
Hotel Restaurants open on Christmas Day
- Cafe Royal, Piccadilly
- The Savoy, Strand
- York & Albany, Camden
- The Connaught, Mayfair
Church Services Open On Christmas Day
Many church buildings are open on Christmas Day in London for special festive services. Check out what a few of London’s most spectacular church buildings supply for guests on December 25 (some Christmas Day services require tickets).
- St Paul’s Cathedral – Holy Communion (8am), Morning Prayer (8.45am), Sung Eucharist (11am), Festal Evensong (3.15pm)
- Westminster Abbey – Holy Communion (8am), Sung Eucharist (10.30am), Evensong (3pm)
- St Martin’s-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square – Holy Communion (8am), Eucharist Service (10.30am), Parish Carol Service (1.30pm).
Open Attractions & Events on Christmas Day in London
- Peter Pan Cup – Brave swimmers take to Serpentine Lake in Hyde Park for an annual Christmas Day swimming race that dates back 150 years! The race normally starts at 9am, so get there early to see the first plunge.